MUSEUM - (Naples)
- THE CAPODIMONTE MUSEUM AND PICTURE GALLERY, Via Milano 2; - tel. 081.744.1307 The Museum , National Gallery, and Gallery of the 19th century are in the Royal Palace of Capodimonte, an imposing building, begun in 1738 and planned by G.A. Medrana for King Charles of Bourbon, and finished only 100 years later. The National Gallery contains tapestries, bronzes and above all paintings from the 13th to 18th centuries. The 19th C Gallery displays mainly paintings of Italian or foreign artists who worked here in Naples. The museum contains about 3000 pieces of porcelain and majolica from various royal homes in Naples, as well as sculptures, tapestries and other objects d’art. Times: Open - weekdays (Tuesday to Saturday) 8.30 am - 7.30 pm: Sunday 8.30 am - 7.30 pm. Closed: Monday. Entrance €7.50.
- NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, Piazza Museo 19; - tel. 081.440.166 The most important archeological museum in Europe. Contains bronzes, marble, pictures, and equipment and furnishing from the excavated towns of Pompei and Herculaneum and other Campanian sites, Etruscan and Egyptian collections, old coins, the “Secret Room,” and also the Farnese and Borgia collections from Rome. Times: weekdays 9 am - 7.30 pm, public holidays 9 am - 7.30 pm. Closed on Tuesday. €6.50.
- THE SAN MARTINO NATIONAL MUSEUM, Largo San Martino 5; - tel. 081.578.1769 At Vomero near the Sant’ Elmo fortress. The museum is in the Charterhouse of the same name, an old French Angevin monastery, with gardens from where you can enjoy magnificent views of Naples. The museum contains a rich collection of Neapolitan Nativity scenes. Times: weekdays 8.30 am - 7.30 pm, public holidays 8.30 am - 7.30 pm. Closed on Monday. €6.00.
- THE ROYAL PALACE MUSEUM AND ROYAL APARTMENTS, P.zza Plebiscito 1; - tel. 081.580.8111 Splendidly decorated rooms contain furnishing, paintings, sculptures and porcelains of the Bourbon period. Times: weekdays 9 am - 8 pm, Sunday 9 am - 8 pm. Closed on Wednesday. €4.00.
- THE DUKE OF MARTINA MUSEUM, Villa "La Floridiana," Via Cimarosa 77; - tel. 081.578.8418 Rich collection of European ,Chinese and Japanese porcelain and majolica, ivory and enamel objects. Times: weekdays 8.30 am – 2 pm, holidays 8.30 am- 2 pm. Closed on Monday. €2.50.
- THE CIVIC MUSEUM OF CASTEL NUOVO (MASCHIO ANGIOINO), Riviera di Chiaia; - tel. 081.761.2356 This museum contains 14th and 15th century sculptures and frescoes in the Palatine Chapel. On the three floors in the South Wing paintings, silver and bronze objects from 15th to 20th centuries are on display. Times: from Monday to Saturday 9 am – 7 pm; Sunday 9 am-2 pm. €5.00.
- THE PRINCE ARAGONA PIGNATELLI CORTES MUSEUM, Riviera di Chiaia; - tel. 081.761.2356 Contains 19th century furniture, porcelain and art collections. Collection of old carriages in a nearby position. Times: weekdays 8.30 am – 2 pm, holidays 8.30 am – 2 pm. Closed on Monday. €2.00.
- THE SAN SEVERO CHAPEL, Via De Sanctis 19; - tel. 081.551.8470 Contains 18th century sculptural masterpieces, especially the “Veiled Christ” by Sammartino and the “anatomical machine.” Founded in 1590. Times: weekdays 10am-17pm (winter), 10am-18pm (summer, Christmas and Easter periods), holidays 10 am – 1.30 pm, closed on Tuesday. €5.00
- THE SANTA CHIARA COMPLEX, Via Santa Chiara, 49; - tel. 081.797.1256 The complex includes the majolica cloister, the museum and archaeological area. Times: weekdays 9.30 am – 1 pm and 2.30 pm - 5.30pm, holidays 9.30 am – 1 pm. €4.00
MUSEUM - (Sorrento)
Museo Correale di Terranova - Official web site: www.sorrento-online.com
|Time Table||April - October||November - March|
Vous voulez recevoir en exclusivité nos offres spéciales ou être toujours tenu à jour des news et événements ? Abonnez-vous à notre newsletter gratuite!INSCRIVEZ-VOUS